4 of the very best Italian wines and a food menu created by Laurent that with perfectly compliment the wines presented.
When : Friday 17th May 2019 from 7pm - 9pm
Where : Blend Bistro & Wine Bar, Somerset Maison Asoke
Reservations : Tel. 02 163 4303
1300 Baht++ per person : Food & Wine
4 of the very best wines from across the different wine growing regions of Italy.
(More details on the wines can be found below)
- Fantini : Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOCG
- Lava : Greco di Tufo DOCG
- Beni di Batasiolo : Barbera d’Alba
- Beni di Batasiolo : Barolo DOCG
Selected by Laurent to perfectly compliment the 4 wines presented.
- Gratinated Oysters, White Wine Sabayon
- Vitello Tonnato
- Black Truffle, Brie, Mozzarella & Parma Ham Pizza
- Wild Forest Mushroom and Foie Gras Soup
- Lasgna Ragout, Black Truffle & Italian Sausage
- Beef Stew Risotto, Porcini and Red Wine
- Pecorino Cheese with Toasted Countryside Bread
Greco di Tufo DOCG
Grape: Greco di Tufo
Intense aroma,quite persistent and fruity.
Medium body, well balanced.
Great as aperitif.
Grape: Montepulciano d’Abruzzo
Ruby red color with garnet highlights.
Intense and persistent aromas.
Hints of chocolate and fruits.
Good structure and good tannins.
Strong tendencies towards maturity,
jams, dried fruit, toasted,
floral with good evolution.
Good union of tannins and freshness.
Pleasant feelings of completeness and body.
Ruby red with violet hues.
Good intensity and persistent,
fruity and vegetal.
Dry on the palate with good acidity
and very delicate tannins.